Baked Tahong With Sweet Chili-Mayo Topping
24 pieces large green mussels (half shell)
2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
1 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon green onions, chopped
½ cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
juice from one lime
- Remove any beard, grit and dirt from mussels. Wash well, drain and pat dry.
- In a bowl, combine mayonnaise, cheese, sweet chili sauce, green onions and lime juice.
- Spoon about 1 teaspoon of mayo-chili mixture on mussels and arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake in a 375 F oven for about 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Serve hot.
1 pound large shrimps (31-35 count)
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 lbs ground pork
1/4 cup carrots, shredded
1/4 cup green onions, chopped
1/4 cup water chestnuts, chopped
2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon soy sauce
15 pieces spring roll wrappers, cut diagonally into two triangles
Peel shrimps and remove heads, leaving tail intact. With a small knife, make an incision near the head and all the way down the center of the shrimp’s back to the tail. With the tip of knife, remove and discard vein. Using hands, open flesh of shrimp until it lies flat. Make a small incision on the inside of the shrimp close to the tail.
In a bowl, combine ground pork, green onions, water chestnuts, carrots, garlic, soy sauce, salt and pepper. Gently stir until well distributed.
Place about 1/2 teaspoon meat filling in the center of the butterflied shrimp and press to close around filling.
On a flat working surface, arrange spring roll wrapper with pointed side facing up. Place stuffed shrimp on wrapper. Fold one side of wrapper over shrimp and the then fold the pointed side down. Roll wrapper tightly around shrimp moistening sides with water and pressing lightly to seal.
Place in a single layer, seam side down, on a dish and loosely cover with moist paper towel until ready to fry.
In a pan over medium heat, heat about 2-inches deep oil until very hot but not smoking.
Add prepared shrimps into oil with seam side down. Cook, turning on sides as needed, until golden, crisp and cooked through.
Remove from heat and drain on a wire rack set over a baking sheet. Serve hot with sweet and sour sauce.
Black Forest Cupcakes
1.5 oz Corn oil
10g Cocoa powder
40g cake flour (preferred) or all-purpose flour
3 Egg yolks
3 Egg whites
30g (1 oz) sugar
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
1 can Cherry Pie Filling
1. Preheat oven to 180C
2. In a small pan, heat up corn oil, remove from heat and add in cocoa powder and chocolate, stir until chocolate melted.
3. Add in water, flour and egg yolks, well mixed and set aside.
4. In a mixing bowl, use electric hand mixer and beat egg whites with cream of tartar and sugar till peak forms, fold the meringue into the egg yolk mixture in 3 batches till fully incorporated.
5. Pour the batter into lined cupcake pans and bake in preheated oven for 25 mins. Remove the cupcakes from oven once it is cooked and cool completely on a wire rack.
6. From the top of the cupcake, make a small hole in the center of each cupcake, and brush the canned cherry syrup in the hole, then stuff a canned cherry inside it.
7. Squeeze whipped cream on top of the cupcake and garnish with fresh cherry and shredded chocolate.