- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup red cooking wine
- 3 tablespoons hot sauce (such as Louisiana®)
- 1 (1.41 ounce) package sazon seasoning (such as Badia® Tropical®)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground bay leaf
- 3 ounces Spanish-style olives
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled and cut into cubes
Prep 15 m
Cook 1 h 7 m
Ready In 1 h 22 m
- Cook and stir ground beef in a large stockpot until browned, 5 to 10 minutes. Drain grease.
- Heat olive oil in small skillet over medium heat. Add onion, green bell pepper, and garlic; cook and stir until fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir into beef in the stockpot.
- Pour tomato sauce, water, cooking wine, and hot sauce into the stockpot. Stir in sazon seasoning, parsley, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, pepper, and bay leaf. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low and simmer picadillo, uncovered, until slightly thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Split olives in half with your fingers and stir into the picadillo. Add squash. Simmer until liquid reduces but picadillo is not dry, 45 to 60 minutes. Season with salt.
Credit to: allrecipes.com
Buko Melon Shake
250 ml buko juice
1 cup of melon, sliced into small pieces
2 scoops macapuno ice cream or macapuno strips or fresh buko strips
1 pack all purpose cream
1 cup crushed ice
1. Pour in 250ml of buko juice to a blender
2. Add in 1 cup of melon, sliced into small pieces.
3. Put in 2 scoops of macapuno ice cream.
4. Add in 1 pack all purpose cream
5. Add in a cup of ice and blend.
6. Topped with Grated strips of melon
Serve using mason jars. Enjoy!
Credit to: www.atbp.ph
Cucumber Lemonade Juice
1 cup water
1/2 cup white sugar
1 Cucumber, Sliced
6 Lemons, Juiced
1. Make a simple syrup by stirring the water and sugar together in a saucepan over medium
heat; heat until just about to boil and the sugar has dissolved. Place in refrigerator 30
minutes, or until cool.
2. Place the cucumber slices in a blender or food processor; blend until mashed into a pulp.
3. Pour the cucumber pulp into a fine mesh strainer place over a bowl to catch the liquid; allow
to sit until you have about 2/3 cup of liquid from the cucumber, about 15 minutes.
4. Stir the simple syrup, cucumber liquid, and lemon juice together in a pitcher. Serve cold
Credit to: allrecipes
Krispy Kreme Original Glazed
2 pkgs. regular or rapid rise yeast
1/4 cup warm water (105−115 degrees)
1 1/2 cups lukewarm milk (scalded then cooled)
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp. salt
1/3 cup shortening
5 cups all−purpose flour
1. Dissolve yeast in warm water in 2 1/2−quart bowl. Add milk, salt, eggs, shortening, sugar
and 2 cups flour. Beat on low speed scraping bowl constantly, 30 seconds. Beat on medium
speed scraping bowl occasionally, 2 minutes. Stir in remaining flour until smooth. Cover and
let rise in warm place, until double, 50−60 minutes. (Dough is ready when indentation
remains when touched.)
2. Turn dough onto floured surface; roll around lightly to coat with flour.Gently roll
dough1/2−inch thick with floured rolling pin.
3. Cut with floured doughnut cutter. Cover and let rise until double, 30−40 minutes. Heat
vegetable oil in deep fryer to 350 degrees.
4. Slide doughnuts into hot oil with wide spatula. Turn doughnuts as they rise to the surface. Fry
until golden brown, about 1 minute on each side.
5. Remove carefully from oil (do not prick surface); drain. Dip the doughnuts into creamy glaze,
set on rack, then when slightly cooled spread chocolate glaze on top.
6. Can dip in sprinkles or other toppings after glazed if desired.
Creamy glaze or Chocolate creamy glaze:
1/3 cup butter
2 cups powdered sugar
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
4−6 tbsp. hot water
1. Heat butter until melted.
2. Remove from heat.
3. Stir in powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth.
4. Stir in water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until desired consistency. (Add melted chocolate for a
chocolate glaze is desired)
Credit to: atbp.ph