- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup red cooking wine
- 3 tablespoons hot sauce (such as Louisiana®)
- 1 (1.41 ounce) package sazon seasoning (such as Badia® Tropical®)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground bay leaf
- 3 ounces Spanish-style olives
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled and cut into cubes
Prep 15 m
Cook 1 h 7 m
Ready In 1 h 22 m
- Cook and stir ground beef in a large stockpot until browned, 5 to 10 minutes. Drain grease.
- Heat olive oil in small skillet over medium heat. Add onion, green bell pepper, and garlic; cook and stir until fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir into beef in the stockpot.
- Pour tomato sauce, water, cooking wine, and hot sauce into the stockpot. Stir in sazon seasoning, parsley, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, pepper, and bay leaf. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low and simmer picadillo, uncovered, until slightly thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Split olives in half with your fingers and stir into the picadillo. Add squash. Simmer until liquid reduces but picadillo is not dry, 45 to 60 minutes. Season with salt.
Credit to: allrecipes.com
Buko Melon Shake
250 ml buko juice
1 cup of melon, sliced into small pieces
2 scoops macapuno ice cream or macapuno strips or fresh buko strips
1 pack all purpose cream
1 cup crushed ice
1. Pour in 250ml of buko juice to a blender
2. Add in 1 cup of melon, sliced into small pieces.
3. Put in 2 scoops of macapuno ice cream.
4. Add in 1 pack all purpose cream
5. Add in a cup of ice and blend.
6. Topped with Grated strips of melon
Serve using mason jars. Enjoy!
Credit to: www.atbp.ph