- 2½ cups cake flour, sifted
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 stick butter (half a cup), unsalted
- 1½ cups granulated white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh milk
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 4 to 5 teaspoons red food coloring
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 servings cream cheese (view recipe)
- Combine fresh milk and vinegar. Mix well. Set aside.
- Arrange the paper cups in 2 cupcake trays. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cream the butter until the texture becomes smooth. Put-in the sugar while continuously beating. Do this until the texture becomes cottony. Put-in the eggs and vanilla extract. Beat until it mixes well with the other ingredients. Set aside.
- Combine the milk and vinegar mixture with the food coloring. Mix well. Set aside.
- Combine the flour and baking soda. Mix well.
- Put-in about a few tablespoons of the cake flour mixture followed by a few tablespoons of the milk and food coloring mixture on the bowl of the butter mixture while beating. Continue this process until all the flour and food coloring mixture is used up.
- Pour the mixture equally on the paper cups. Bake for 16 to 22 minutes or until it passes the toothpick test
- Let the cupcakes cool down by placing each in a wire rack.
- Apply the cream cheese frosting on top.