- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup red cooking wine
- 3 tablespoons hot sauce (such as Louisiana®)
- 1 (1.41 ounce) package sazon seasoning (such as Badia® Tropical®)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground bay leaf
- 3 ounces Spanish-style olives
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled and cut into cubes
Prep 15 m
Cook 1 h 7 m
Ready In 1 h 22 m
- Cook and stir ground beef in a large stockpot until browned, 5 to 10 minutes. Drain grease.
- Heat olive oil in small skillet over medium heat. Add onion, green bell pepper, and garlic; cook and stir until fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir into beef in the stockpot.
- Pour tomato sauce, water, cooking wine, and hot sauce into the stockpot. Stir in sazon seasoning, parsley, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, pepper, and bay leaf. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low and simmer picadillo, uncovered, until slightly thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Split olives in half with your fingers and stir into the picadillo. Add squash. Simmer until liquid reduces but picadillo is not dry, 45 to 60 minutes. Season with salt.
Credit to: allrecipes.com
Cucumber Lemonade Juice
1 cup water
1/2 cup white sugar
1 Cucumber, Sliced
6 Lemons, Juiced
1. Make a simple syrup by stirring the water and sugar together in a saucepan over medium
heat; heat until just about to boil and the sugar has dissolved. Place in refrigerator 30
minutes, or until cool.
2. Place the cucumber slices in a blender or food processor; blend until mashed into a pulp.
3. Pour the cucumber pulp into a fine mesh strainer place over a bowl to catch the liquid; allow
to sit until you have about 2/3 cup of liquid from the cucumber, about 15 minutes.
4. Stir the simple syrup, cucumber liquid, and lemon juice together in a pitcher. Serve cold
Credit to: allrecipes