- 2 lbs. tilapia fillet
- 6 to 8 pieces (8 inch diameter) flour tortilla
- 1 cup tomato, diced
- 1 medium red onion sliced
- ¾ cup cilantro chopped
- 1 piece lime
- 1 cup purple cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 medium jalapeño, chopped
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 1½ tablespoons chili powder
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a medium bowl, create the salsa fresca by combining tomatoes, cilantro, onion, jalapeño, olive oil, and juice of 1 lime. Mix gently. Set aside.
- Rub salt and chili powder on the tilapia fillets.
- Heat a pan and sear both sides of the tilapia until fully cooked. This might take about 3 to 5 minutes per side depending on the thickness of the fillet. Remove the fish from the pan and chop into serving pieces (about 1 x 1 inch).
- Cover the tortilla with paper towel and microwave for 30 seconds.
- Lay each flour tortilla in a flat surface. Arrange about ½ cup of chopped tilapia, salsa fresca, and chopped cabbage over each tortilla. Top with a tablespoon of sour cream, and squeeze a little lime juice.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Serve.