1.5 oz Corn oil
10g Cocoa powder
40g cake flour (preferred) or all-purpose flour
3 Egg yolks
3 Egg whites
30g (1 oz) sugar
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
1 can Cherry Pie Filling
1. Preheat oven to 180C
2. In a small pan, heat up corn oil, remove from heat and add in cocoa powder and chocolate, stir until chocolate melted.
3. Add in water, flour and egg yolks, well mixed and set aside.
4. In a mixing bowl, use electric hand mixer and beat egg whites with cream of tartar and sugar till peak forms, fold the meringue into the egg yolk mixture in 3 batches till fully incorporated.
5. Pour the batter into lined cupcake pans and bake in preheated oven for 25 mins. Remove the cupcakes from oven once it is cooked and cool completely on a wire rack.
6. From the top of the cupcake, make a small hole in the center of each cupcake, and brush the canned cherry syrup in the hole, then stuff a canned cherry inside it.
7. Squeeze whipped cream on top of the cupcake and garnish with fresh cherry and shredded chocolate.