- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 pcs raw eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup fresh milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups grated carrots
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 6 tbsp butter, melted
- 3 cups confectioners sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Bake the cake
1.1 Combine flour, baking soda, ground cinnamon, baking powder, and salt in a mixing bowl than whisk until everything is properly distributed
1.2 Beat the eggs using an electric mixer in a separate mixing bowl.
1.3 Add the granulated and light brown sugar then continue mixing until fully blended.
1.4 Add the vegetable oil, fresh milk, and vanilla extract then continue mixing until texture becomes smooth.
1.5 Put-in the flour-baking soda-cinnamon-baking powder-salt mixture then continue mixing using low speed.
1.6 Fold-in the carrots and walnuts
1.7 Pour the batter on a cake pan with shaped wax paper
1.8 Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and bake the batter for 35 to 50 minutes (you know that the cake is done when toothpick inserted comes out clean)
1.9 Remove from the oven and allow to cool down.
2. Make the frosting
2.1 Beat the cream cheese using an electric mixer
2.2 Add-in the butter and vanilla extract then continue mixing until the mixture is well blended
2.3 Add the confectioners sugar then mix until texture becomes smooth
2.4 Set aside
3. Apply the frosting over the cake
3.1 Place the first cake on a flat surface and apply frosting on the top part spreading it evenly
3.2 Place the second cake on top of the first cake and align properly
3.3 Apply the remaining frosting on top and on the sides of the cake
3.4 Garnish with chopped wallnuts on top and on the sides
3.5 Refrigerate for at least an hour then serve. Share and enjoy!
Number of servings (yield): 8
- 3 large ripe bananas
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 5 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 12 tablespoons granulated white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mash the bananas. Set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda in a bowl. Mix using a wire whisk. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the mashed bananas, butter, egg, vanilla extract, and granulated white sugar. Mix well.
- Fold-in the dry ingredient mixture in the large mixing bowl. continue this step until
the texture becomes smooth.
- Arrange regular sized paper cups in the muffin pan. Scoop the mixture in each paper cup. Do not fill the cup as it will overflow.
- Bake in the oven for 13 to 16 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool by placing in a wire rack.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!
Number of servings (yield): 8
- 1 lb. grated cassava
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 can (14 oz.) condensed milk
- 3 tablespoons salted butter, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Combine the grated cassava, shredded coconut, condensed milk, salt, and butter. Mix well.
- Place the mixture in a pan. Start to heat the pan and cook the mixture in low to medium heat for 20 to 25 minutes. Gradually stir the mixture while cooking.
- Scoop part of a mixture and place it in a mold such as a ramekin or small bowl. Drop the molded mixture in a serving plate lined with cut banana leaves and shredded coconut.
- Top with butter. Serve. Share and enjoy!
Number of servings (yield): 4