Leche Flan (also known as crème caramel and caramel custard) is a dessert made-up of eggs and milk with a soft caramel on top. This dessert is known throughout the world (especially in Europe) and has been in the dessert menu of most restaurants because of its convenience in preparation and long shelf life.
- 10 pieces raw eggs
- 1 small can condensed milk
- 1 cup fresh milk (or evaporated milk)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Using all the eggs, separate the yolk from the egg white (only egg yolks will be used).
- Place the egg yolks in a big bowl then beat them using a fork or an egg beater
- Add the condensed milk and mix thoroughly
- Pour-in the fresh milk and mix well
- Put the mold (llanera) on top of the stove and heat using low fire
- Put-in the granulated sugar on the mold and mix thoroughly until the solid sugar turns into liquid (caramel) having a light brown color. Note: Sometimes it is hard to find a Llanera (Traditional flan mold) depending on your location. I find it more convenient to use individual Round Pans in making leche flan.
- Spread the caramel (liquid sugar) evenly on the flat side of the mold
- Wait for 5 minutes then pour the egg yolk and milk mixture on the mold
- Cover the top of the mold using an Aluminum foil
- Steam the mold with egg and milk mixture for 30 to 35 minutes.
- After steaming, let the temperature cool down then refrigerate
Chicken Caesar Salad is a simple Caesar salad recipe that incorporates grilled chicken to give you extra protein in your meal. Since most of you are busy, this Easy Chicken Caesar Salad recipe suggest ingredients that can be bought directly from the grocery store such as croutons and Caesar salad dressing, so that you will not waste your time making them from scratch. If you will have sometime though in the future, I will be giving you crouton recipes and Caesar salad recipes that you can prepare from scratch. This is something that you can do with your family so that you can have some quality time in the kitchen.
- 12 ounces, boneless and skinless chicken breast
- 3 romaine lettuce hearts, chopped
- 1 pack croutons (any flavor)
- 3/4 cup grated or shredded Parmesan cheese
- 6 pieces peperoncini
- 1/2 cup lite Caesar salad dressing
- Salt and pepper
- Flatten the chicken breast by pounding using a meat tendering tool. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Grill for 5 to 7 minutes per side depending on the thickness. Remove from the grill and let the chicken rest for 10 minutes. Chop. Set aside.
- Prepare the salad by combining the lettuce hearts, croutons, peperoncini, Parmesan Cheese, Caesar salad dressing, and grilled chicken. Toss.
- Transfer to a salad bowl. Serve.