- 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thigh meat
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 thumb-size ginger, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- juice of 1 lime
- Rinse chicken well and pat dry. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a food processor or with a mortar and pestle, combine coriander, ginger and garlic. Pulse a few times or mash to a coarse paste. In a a bowl, combine paste, coconut milk, fish sauce and lime juice. Stir until blended.
- In resealable bag, combine chicken and marinade. marinate in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Drain chicken from marinade, discarding liquid. Lightly oil grill grates and arrange chicken in a single layer on grates. Over hot coals, grill chicken for about 5 to 7 minutes and then turn to grill other side for another 5 to 7 minutes or until thermometer inserted reads 165 F. For moister meat, limit turning during grilling. Remove from heat and allow to rest for about 3 to 5 minutes before slicing.
Credit to: kawalingpinoy