Cucumber Lemonade Juice
1 cup water
1/2 cup white sugar
1 Cucumber, Sliced
6 Lemons, Juiced
1. Make a simple syrup by stirring the water and sugar together in a saucepan over medium
heat; heat until just about to boil and the sugar has dissolved. Place in refrigerator 30
minutes, or until cool.
2. Place the cucumber slices in a blender or food processor; blend until mashed into a pulp.
3. Pour the cucumber pulp into a fine mesh strainer place over a bowl to catch the liquid; allow
to sit until you have about 2/3 cup of liquid from the cucumber, about 15 minutes.
4. Stir the simple syrup, cucumber liquid, and lemon juice together in a pitcher. Serve cold
Credit to: allrecipes
Krispy Kreme Original Glazed
2 pkgs. regular or rapid rise yeast
1/4 cup warm water (105−115 degrees)
1 1/2 cups lukewarm milk (scalded then cooled)
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp. salt
1/3 cup shortening
5 cups all−purpose flour
1. Dissolve yeast in warm water in 2 1/2−quart bowl. Add milk, salt, eggs, shortening, sugar
and 2 cups flour. Beat on low speed scraping bowl constantly, 30 seconds. Beat on medium
speed scraping bowl occasionally, 2 minutes. Stir in remaining flour until smooth. Cover and
let rise in warm place, until double, 50−60 minutes. (Dough is ready when indentation
remains when touched.)
2. Turn dough onto floured surface; roll around lightly to coat with flour.Gently roll
dough1/2−inch thick with floured rolling pin.
3. Cut with floured doughnut cutter. Cover and let rise until double, 30−40 minutes. Heat
vegetable oil in deep fryer to 350 degrees.
4. Slide doughnuts into hot oil with wide spatula. Turn doughnuts as they rise to the surface. Fry
until golden brown, about 1 minute on each side.
5. Remove carefully from oil (do not prick surface); drain. Dip the doughnuts into creamy glaze,
set on rack, then when slightly cooled spread chocolate glaze on top.
6. Can dip in sprinkles or other toppings after glazed if desired.
Creamy glaze or Chocolate creamy glaze:
1/3 cup butter
2 cups powdered sugar
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
4−6 tbsp. hot water
1. Heat butter until melted.
2. Remove from heat.
3. Stir in powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth.
4. Stir in water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until desired consistency. (Add melted chocolate for a
chocolate glaze is desired)
Credit to: atbp.ph