Baked Tahong With Sweet Chili-Mayo Topping
24 pieces large green mussels (half shell)
2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
1 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon green onions, chopped
½ cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
juice from one lime
- Remove any beard, grit and dirt from mussels. Wash well, drain and pat dry.
- In a bowl, combine mayonnaise, cheese, sweet chili sauce, green onions and lime juice.
- Spoon about 1 teaspoon of mayo-chili mixture on mussels and arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake in a 375 F oven for about 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Serve hot.
1 pound large shrimps (31-35 count)
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 lbs ground pork
1/4 cup carrots, shredded
1/4 cup green onions, chopped
1/4 cup water chestnuts, chopped
2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon soy sauce
15 pieces spring roll wrappers, cut diagonally into two triangles
Peel shrimps and remove heads, leaving tail intact. With a small knife, make an incision near the head and all the way down the center of the shrimp’s back to the tail. With the tip of knife, remove and discard vein. Using hands, open flesh of shrimp until it lies flat. Make a small incision on the inside of the shrimp close to the tail.
In a bowl, combine ground pork, green onions, water chestnuts, carrots, garlic, soy sauce, salt and pepper. Gently stir until well distributed.
Place about 1/2 teaspoon meat filling in the center of the butterflied shrimp and press to close around filling.
On a flat working surface, arrange spring roll wrapper with pointed side facing up. Place stuffed shrimp on wrapper. Fold one side of wrapper over shrimp and the then fold the pointed side down. Roll wrapper tightly around shrimp moistening sides with water and pressing lightly to seal.
Place in a single layer, seam side down, on a dish and loosely cover with moist paper towel until ready to fry.
In a pan over medium heat, heat about 2-inches deep oil until very hot but not smoking.
Add prepared shrimps into oil with seam side down. Cook, turning on sides as needed, until golden, crisp and cooked through.
Remove from heat and drain on a wire rack set over a baking sheet. Serve hot with sweet and sour sauce.
Homemade Milo Ice Cream
2 Cups of heavy whipping cream (or chilled all purpose cream)
14 ounces condensed Milk (1 ¾ cups)
¾ cup Milo
Pinch of salt
½ Tbs Vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, add the heavy cream and whip using a hand mixer until creamy and airy (about 3 minutes). It’s barely moving when you slightly turn the bowl on the side.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk, Milo powder, Vanilla extract and a pinch of Salt to the whipped cream.
- Gently fold together all these ingredients (You really need to be gentle while folding so as not to deflate the whipped cream) Do not mix it, just cut and fold it over.
- Pour the mixture into a freezable in a airtight container. Preventing air from your ice cream while freezing will help maintain its creaminess and avoid turning it into ice crystal texture.
- Allow it to freeze for at least 6 hours or overnight.