- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2½ tablespoons tomato ketchup
- ⅓ cup rice vinegar or white vinegar
- ½ teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoon cornstarch, dissolved in 5 teaspoons of water
- Combine the sugar, ketchup, vinegar, and soy sauce in a bowl.
- Mix the combined ingredients using a balloon whisk or fork.
- Heat a saucepan then pour-in the sugar-ketchup-vinegar-soy sauce mixture. Stir once in a while and bring to a boil.
- Pour-in the cornstarch diluted in water then continue stirring until the texture becomes thick.
- Turn of the heat and transfer the sweet and sour sauce to a sauce bowl then serve.