Mango Float Cupcakes
1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs
½ cup all purpose flour
2 ½ tsp. baking powder
½ cup butter, cut and softened
¾ cup granulated sugar
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
2 tsp. Mango Extract
¾ cup milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 F/176.6 C
2. Line muffin tins with cupcake paper liners or parchment paper.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, graham cracker crumbs & baking powder together and set aside.
4. In a separate bowl, beat the butter and sugar together until it becomes light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time. Beat well after adding each
5. Add the Vanilla, Mango Extract and Milk.
6. Add the flour alternately with the butter, egg and milk mixture until well incorporated.
7. Using an ice cream scoop, add the batter into the cupcake liners, filling them about ¾ full.
8. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick/cake tester inserted into the center of the cupcake comes out clean.
9. Cool in pan 12 minutes, then carefully remove the cupcake from the pans and finish cooling on a wire rack.
3 tbsp all purpose flour
1 cup milk
1 cup unsalted butter
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup of fresh mango, scraped with a melon scraper
1. Combine the milk and flour in a saucepan on medium heat and whisk to dissolve the flour in the milk. While whisking constantly, bring the
mixture to a boil and continue cooking until it becomes thick and bubbly. Cook it long enough so that the batter will not become watery.
2. Remove from the heat and transfer to a bowl. Cover with plastic wrap touching its surface to prevent a skin from forming while it cools.
3. In another bowl, beat the butter using your whisk until light and fluffy. Add the sugar and beat until well incorporated.
4. Make sure to scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl to get all the sugar incorporated in the mixture. Beat for another minute. Add the vanilla
extract and mix well.
5. Drop the cooled flour & milk mixture by tablespoon and continue beating the mixture until well incorporated. Fold in the scraped fresh mango
into the frosting.
6. Frost your cupcake anyway you like, I personally am lazy when it comes to frosting so I just used an Ice Cream scooper to put frosting in my
cupcake:). Who doesn’t like to much frosting anyway.. Dust off with crushed grahams on top and a fresh mango cube.
1. You can place the milk and flour mixture in the freezer for 5 minutes to make the cooling process faster.
2. Add scraped mangoes in the Graham Cupcake mixture for a more “Mangoer” flavor.
Credit to the owner of photo & recipe.
Crispy Cheddar Chicken
4 large chicken breasts
2 sleeves Ritz crackers
1/4 t salt
1/8 t pepper
1/2 C milk
3 C cheddar cheese, grated
1 t dried parsley
1 14 ounce can cream of chicken soup
2 T sour cream
2 T butter
1. Cut each chicken breast into 3 large chunks.
2. In a small food processor grind up the ritz crackers.
3. Pour the milk, cheese and cracker crumbs into 3 separate small pans. Toss the 1/4 t salt and 1/8 t pepper into the cracker crumbs and stir the
mixture around to combine.
4. Dip each piece of chicken into the milk then the cheese and finally the cracker crumbs.
5. Spray a 9×13 pan with cooking spray and lay the chicken inside the pan.
6. Sprinkle the dried parsley over the chicken.
7. Cover the pan with tin foil and bake at 400 degrees for 35 minutes. Remove the tin foil, bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until the edges
of the chicken are golden brown and crispy.
8. Into a medium sized sauce pan combine the cream of chicken soup, sour cream and butter with a whisk. Stir it over medium high heat until
the sauce is nice and hot. Serve over the chicken. Enjoy!
Pinoy Shawarma Rice
Oil for cooking tapa
Garlic yogurt sauce
For Beef Tapa
500 g beef sirloin, tapa cut
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp black pepper
Bird’s eye chili, optional
For Cucumber Salad
1 pc cucumber, seeded, halved & sliced thinly
4 pcs tomato, seeded, sliced
1 medium white onion mince and cubed
For Garlic Yogurt Sauce
1 small tub yogurt (125ml)
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp minced fresh garlic
1/8 tsp salt
For Shawarma Rice
2 cups long grain rice (Jasmine or basmati)
2 cups water
1/4 cup margarine
1/2 tsp kasubha (crocus in english or dried safflower)
1. Toss cucumber salad ingredients together in a bowl, serve on the side of shawarma rice.
2. Mix together all ingredients for garlic yogurt sauce. Keep mixed sauce in the chiller until ready to use.
3. Rinse rice, put in a rice cooker together with water, margarine and kasubha. Cook rice as you would.
4. Once cooked, fluff rice to distribute color. Set aside and keep warm.
5. In a bowl, marinate beef in soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic powder and black pepper for 20 minutes or overnight.
6. Pan fry marinated tapa in oil until browned. Chop into pieces.
7. To assemble, put rice on plate, cucumber salad on the side.
8. Top minced tapa over rice.
9. Drizzle garlic yogurt sauce all over the beef & rice. You can also combine drops of hot sauce over your garlic sauce if you like it spicy.