- 1 lb Liver (pig’s or cow’s liver are best)
- 2 medium sized onions, sliced thinly crosswise
- 1 piece lemon (or 3-4 pieces calamansi)
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp garlic. minced (optional)
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 4 tbsp cooking oil
- Marinate the liver in lemon juice, soy sauce, salt, and ground black pepper for a minimum of 1 hour
- Pour the cooking oil in a pan and apply heat
- Put-in the garlic and fry until color turns golden brown. Set aside.
- On the same pan with the remaining cooking oil, fry the both sides of the liver (do not overcook ) then set aside.
- Put the onions in the pan where the liver was fried and cook until texture becomes soft
- Add the marinade and simmer for 5 to 7 minutes or until sauce becomes thick
- Pour the sauce with onions over the fried liver and garnish with fried garlic