Chicken Caesar Salad is a simple Caesar salad recipe that incorporates grilled chicken to give you extra protein in your meal. Since most of you are busy, this Easy Chicken Caesar Salad recipe suggest ingredients that can be bought directly from the grocery store such as croutons and Caesar salad dressing, so that you will not waste your time making them from scratch. If you will have sometime though in the future, I will be giving you crouton recipes and Caesar salad recipes that you can prepare from scratch. This is something that you can do with your family so that you can have some quality time in the kitchen.
- 12 ounces, boneless and skinless chicken breast
- 3 romaine lettuce hearts, chopped
- 1 pack croutons (any flavor)
- 3/4 cup grated or shredded Parmesan cheese
- 6 pieces peperoncini
- 1/2 cup lite Caesar salad dressing
- Salt and pepper
- Flatten the chicken breast by pounding using a meat tendering tool. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Grill for 5 to 7 minutes per side depending on the thickness. Remove from the grill and let the chicken rest for 10 minutes. Chop. Set aside.
- Prepare the salad by combining the lettuce hearts, croutons, peperoncini, Parmesan Cheese, Caesar salad dressing, and grilled chicken. Toss.
- Transfer to a salad bowl. Serve.
Chicken Macaroni Salad makes a good appetizer and snack. I also love to have this as a main dish (for some reason) especially if I am having stews such as kaldereta or menudo. This dish is typically served during Filipino fiestas and also during family outings and picnic. I remember having this regularly during a quick picnic by the beach and it goes well with Pinoy pork barbecue (skewered pork).
It is easy to make your own Filipino Chicken Macaroni Salad; all you have to do is prepare some of the ingredients beforehand. The elbow macaroni needs to be cooked and drained while the chicken needs to be boiled and shredded. Once the macaroni and chicken are ready, all you have to do is combine all the ingredients and toss. It will also be nice if you serve your Filipino Chicken Macaroni Salad chilled. I do this by mixing all the ingredients in a stainless mixing bowl. I place that same mixing bowl with the Filipino Chicken Macaroni Salad in the fridge. The stainless steel bowl will help the salad get cold faster and this will be beneficial if you are pressed for time.
Aside from macaroni, you can use other types of short cut pasta. Here are some examples: Mostaccioli, Penne, Rigatoni, Cellentani, Rotini, Cavatappi, Fideuà, and Maccheroncelli.
Chicken Macaroni Salad
- 1 lb. elbow macaroni
- 1 lb. chicken
- 3/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 (20 oz.) can pineapple tidbits, drained
- 3/4 cup minced carrots
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 cups water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring water to a boil. Once the water starts boiling, add 1 teaspoon salt and then put-in the chicken. Boil the chicken for 25 minutes. Drain the water and let the chicken cool.
- Discard the bone from the meat and then shred the chicken meat using your clean hands. Set aside.
- Cook the elbow macaroni according to package instructions. Drain and then set aside
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the mayonnaise, garlic powder, 3 tablespoons of pineapple juice from the canned tidbits, salt, and ground black pepper. Mix well and then taste. Adjust the taste as necessary.
- Add the shredded chicken, carrots, macaroni, raisins, and pineapple tidbits in the mixing bowl. Toss thoroughly until the ingredients are well distributed.
- Add the cheese. Gently toss.
- Cover the mixing bowl with a cling wrap. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!