Oil for cooking tapa
Garlic yogurt sauce
For Beef Tapa
500 g beef sirloin, tapa cut
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp black pepper
Bird’s eye chili, optional
For Cucumber Salad
1 pc cucumber, seeded, halved & sliced thinly
4 pcs tomato, seeded, sliced
1 medium white onion mince and cubed
For Garlic Yogurt Sauce
1 small tub yogurt (125ml)
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp minced fresh garlic
1/8 tsp salt
For Shawarma Rice
2 cups long grain rice (Jasmine or basmati)
2 cups water
1/4 cup margarine
1/2 tsp kasubha (crocus in english or dried safflower)
1. Toss cucumber salad ingredients together in a bowl, serve on the side of shawarma rice.
2. Mix together all ingredients for garlic yogurt sauce. Keep mixed sauce in the chiller until ready to use.
3. Rinse rice, put in a rice cooker together with water, margarine and kasubha. Cook rice as you would.
4. Once cooked, fluff rice to distribute color. Set aside and keep warm.
5. In a bowl, marinate beef in soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic powder and black pepper for 20 minutes or overnight.
6. Pan fry marinated tapa in oil until browned. Chop into pieces.
7. To assemble, put rice on plate, cucumber salad on the side.
8. Top minced tapa over rice.
9. Drizzle garlic yogurt sauce all over the beef & rice. You can also combine drops of hot sauce over your garlic sauce if you like it spicy.