Homemade Milo Ice Cream
2 Cups of heavy whipping cream (or chilled all purpose cream)
14 ounces condensed Milk (1 ¾ cups)
¾ cup Milo
Pinch of salt
½ Tbs Vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, add the heavy cream and whip using a hand mixer until creamy and airy (about 3 minutes). It’s barely moving when you slightly turn the bowl on the side.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk, Milo powder, Vanilla extract and a pinch of Salt to the whipped cream.
- Gently fold together all these ingredients (You really need to be gentle while folding so as not to deflate the whipped cream) Do not mix it, just cut and fold it over.
- Pour the mixture into a freezable in a airtight container. Preventing air from your ice cream while freezing will help maintain its creaminess and avoid turning it into ice crystal texture.
- Allow it to freeze for at least 6 hours or overnight.
Homemade Puto Pao Recipe
For the batter:
3 large eggs
500 grams all purpose flour
250 grams white sugar
1/4 cup baking powder
1 cup powdered milk
3 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
2 1/2 cups water
For the filling:
500 grams flaked pork
2 tablespoons cooking oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1/2 cup soy sauce
1 piece star anise
1 piece laurel leaf
For the toppings:
Cheddar cheese, sliced
4 salted eggs, sliced
Making the batter:
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, and baking powder. Pour in water and powdered milk, then stir well.
- Add in the eggs and butter then mix until well blended. Set aside.
Making the filling:
- In a pan, heat oil and saute garlic until aromatic. Add flaked pork and cook for 3 minutes, stirring often. Add the rest of the filling ingredients and cook until pork is tender and the sauce has thickened.
- Once filling is ready, discard anise and laurel. Set aside.
- Prepare steamer, or use a large wok with a plate or a metal rack set atop some water.
- In muffin cups (lined or greased depending on preference), pour a little amount of batter then add a tablespoon of filling. Cover the filling with another amount of batter until cup is nearly all the way full. Top with salted egg and cheese.
- Steam for 10 to 15 minutes or until done. Puto-pao are done when the tops have domed and are soft and springy to the touch, and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Credit to: thetummytrain