- 4 to 6 large potatoes
- ½ pound chicken breast or thigh meat, boneless and skinless
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and diced
- 3 hard boiled eggs, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 small onion, peeled and diced
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- ¼ cup sweet pickle relish
- ½ cup ham, cubed
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sweetened condensed milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- Under cold running water, rinse potatoes well. In a pot, place potatoes and enough cold water (you can slightly salt the water if you wish) to cover. Over medium heat, bring to a boil. Cover and cook potatoes for about 12 to 15 minutes or until tender yet firm to bite. Drain potatoes and allow to cool. Peel and discard skins. With a knife, cut into 1-inch cubes.
- In a pot, add chicken meat and enough water to cover. Bring the water to a boil and then lower to a simmer. Simmer chicken for about 15 to 20 minutes or until cooked through. Drain from liquid, allow to completely cool and shred. Set aside.
- In a pot, bring water to a boil. Add diced carrots and cook for about 30 seconds. With a slotted spoon, remove from water and plunge into an ice bath until completely cool. Drain and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, chicken, carrots, eggs, onions, pineapple, pickle relish, ham, mayonnaise and sweetened condensed milk. Gently stir together until evenly distributed. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes to allow flavors to meld.
Credit to: kawalingpinoy