Ginataang Mais, Saba, Buko at Sago
1 cup sago or tapioca pearls (pre soaked in water to soften)
1 can sweet corn kernels
3-4 plantains (saging na saba), sliced
1 cup grated young coconut, (buko strips)
3 cups pure coconut milk
1 cup sugar
Pinch of salt
1 tsp vanilla extract or pandan leaves
1. In a pot, boil the sago with 6 cups of water until cooked for about 15mins. Keep on stirring to avoid sticking on pot.
2. Add the corn, saging na saba, buko strips, pandan leaves and coconut milk, then stir and simmer until done.
3. Add 1 cup of sugar and a pinch of salt to taste then simmer and keep on stirring.
4. Turn off heat. Serve it hot or cold. Enjoy!
Credit to: mamasguiderecipes
Krispy Kreme Original Glazed
2 pkgs. regular or rapid rise yeast
1/4 cup warm water (105−115 degrees)
1 1/2 cups lukewarm milk (scalded then cooled)
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp. salt
1/3 cup shortening
5 cups all−purpose flour
1. Dissolve yeast in warm water in 2 1/2−quart bowl. Add milk, salt, eggs, shortening, sugar
and 2 cups flour. Beat on low speed scraping bowl constantly, 30 seconds. Beat on medium
speed scraping bowl occasionally, 2 minutes. Stir in remaining flour until smooth. Cover and
let rise in warm place, until double, 50−60 minutes. (Dough is ready when indentation
remains when touched.)
2. Turn dough onto floured surface; roll around lightly to coat with flour.Gently roll
dough1/2−inch thick with floured rolling pin.
3. Cut with floured doughnut cutter. Cover and let rise until double, 30−40 minutes. Heat
vegetable oil in deep fryer to 350 degrees.
4. Slide doughnuts into hot oil with wide spatula. Turn doughnuts as they rise to the surface. Fry
until golden brown, about 1 minute on each side.
5. Remove carefully from oil (do not prick surface); drain. Dip the doughnuts into creamy glaze,
set on rack, then when slightly cooled spread chocolate glaze on top.
6. Can dip in sprinkles or other toppings after glazed if desired.
Creamy glaze or Chocolate creamy glaze:
1/3 cup butter
2 cups powdered sugar
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
4−6 tbsp. hot water
1. Heat butter until melted.
2. Remove from heat.
3. Stir in powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth.
4. Stir in water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until desired consistency. (Add melted chocolate for a
chocolate glaze is desired)
Credit to: atbp.ph