- Vegetable oil
- 1small onion, peeled and chopped
- 2cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/2pound pork, diced
- 1Tbsp fish sauce
- 1/2cup water
- 1/2pound shrimps, peeled, deveined, and chopped
- 1large carrot, peeled and julienned
- 1cup green beans, stemmed and cut thinly on a bias
- 4cups bean sprouts
- salt and pepper to taste
- 12 spring roll wrappers
- In a skillet over medium heat, heat about 1 tablespoon oil. Add onions and garlic and cook until limp.
- Add diced pork and cook until lightly browned. Add fish sauce and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add water and bring to boil. Lower heat, covers, and simmers for about 8 to 10 minutes or until pork is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Add shrimps and cook, stirring occasionally, just until color changes to pink.
- Add carrots and green beans. Cook, stirring regularly, for about 2 to 3 minutes or until vegetables are halfway done.
- Add beans sprouts and cook, gently tossing to combine, for about 30 to 40 seconds. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Immediately remove vegetable mixture from heat and drain in a colander. Refrigerate for a few minutes to completely cool.
- Separate wrappers into individual sheets. On a flat working surface, lay wrapper like a diamond. Spoon about 2 tablespoons of vegetable mixture on the middle of the wrapper. Fold the bottom pointed end of wrapper over filling. Fold side ends of the sheet inward and roll tightly into a log. Wet the pointed edge of the wrapper with a dab of water to completely seal. Repeat with the remaining vegetable mixture.
- In a skillet over medium heat, heat about 2 inches deep of oil. Add spring rolls seam side down and fry, turning once or twice, for about 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Remove from pan and drain on a wire rack set over a baking sheet. Serve immediately with spiced vinegar dip.