- 8 slices of bread
- 4 ounces ham, sliced into thick strips
- 3 ounces Velveeta cheese, sliced into thick strips
- ¼ cup pimento strips
- ¾ cup Panko bread crumbs
- 2 medium eggs, beaten
- 2 cups cooking oil
- Remove the dark ends of the sliced bread.
- Heat the cooking oil in a cooking pot.
- Lay each bread slice flat and then put a cling wrap on over each piece. Press using your palm until the bread becomes flat.
- Arrange the ham, cheese, and pimento strips on the bread. Roll the bread until the filling is covered. Secure with a toothpick.
- Dip the rolled bread in beaten egg. Place the Panko bread crumbs in a large Ziploc bag and then put the dipped rolls in. Shake until everything is covered with crumbs.
- Fry in low to medium heat until the color turns golden brown (about 5 to 7 minutes).
- Arrange the fried rolls in a plate line with paper towels.
- Serve as a snack or slice into pieces and serve as an appetizer.
Credit to: PanlasangPinoy