- 6 medium apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1 cup apple juice or apple cider
- 3 tablespoons honey
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- Combine apple, apple juice, and lemon juice in a cooking pot. Cover and let boil. Adjust the heat to low-medium then cook for 18 to 20 minutes. Add apple juice or water if the liquid evaporates quickly.
- Once the apples are soft, gradually put the honey in. Stir until all the ingredients are well blended.
- Add the cinnamon powder. Stir. At this point, you can use a immersion blender to puree the mixture or you can wait for the mixture to cool down and puree it in a blender.