- 2 pounds. chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 1 and half tablespoon white sugar
- 3 pieces dried bay leaves
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 and half cup cooking oil
- 1 to 2 cups water
- Salt and whole peppercorn
- In a large container, combine the soy sauce and garlic then marinade the chicken for at least 1 to 3 hours
- Place the cooking oil in a pan and apply heat
- When the oil is hot enough, put-in the marinated chicken. Cook all the sides for about 5 minutes.
- Pour-in the remaining marinade and add water. Bring to a boil
- Add the dried bay leaves and whole peppercorn. Simmer for 30 minutes or until the chicken is tender
- Add vinegar. Stir and cook for 10 minutes.
- Put-in the sugar, and salt. Stir and turn the heat off.