- 3 to 4 lbs beef bottom round roast
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, divided into 3 to 4 parts (lengthwise)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 piece beef cube
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp cornstarch (diluted in 4 tbsp water)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Make some slit on the meat using a knife and insert each sliced garlic clove
- Spread the olive oil on the meat then sprinkle some salt and pepper.
- Place the meat on a roasting rack (with dripping tray/pan) and bake for 30 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to 250 degrees Fahrenheit then continue baking for 2 to 2.5 hours (or until the inner temperature of the meat reaches 140 degrees Fahrenheit). Note: Do not remove from the oven right away. Let the juices from the meat drip some more so that you will have enough drippings for the gravy.
- Remove the roasted meat from the oven and allow it to rest for at least 15 minutes.
- Slice the meat into serving pieces and transfer to a serving plate.
- We also need to prepare the sauce. The following steps will help you make a good one.
- Take the dripping pan out of the oven and place it on the stove then apply heat.
- Pour-in the red wine and deglaze the drippings then transfer to a saucepan.
- Add water and bring to a boil.
- Add the beef cube and cook until well diluted then put-in the cornstarch. Stir continuously.
- Transfer the sauce to a serving bowl.
- Serve the Roast beef with the sauce on the side.
- Share and enjoy!