Asian BBQ Pork Baby Back Ribs
- 1 (2½ to 3 lbs.) slab baby back ribs
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ¾ cup Teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon five spice powder
- 1 cup chicken broth
Barbecue sauce ingredients:
- ½ cup hoisin sauce
- 2½ tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- ⅛ teaspoon five spice powder
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- A pinch of ground black pepper
- Clean the baby back ribs and remove the layer of white membrane at one side. Slice the slab into 3 to 4 pieces.
- Arrange the ribs in a resealable bag and then add the Teriyaki sauce. Remove the air in the bag, seal, and marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Arrange the marinated baby back ribs, onion, ginger, garlic, five spice powder, and chicken broth in a slow cooker. Set the cooker to high and slow cook for 3 hours.
- Make the asian barbecue sauce by combining the barbecue sauce ingredients. Set aside.
- Carefully remove the baby back ribs from the slow cooker. Gently rub-of the onion and other ingredients used in the slow cooker from the ribs. Arrange in a baking tray lined with aluminum foil.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F. Brush the barbecue sauce all over the ribs. Leave some sauce for later use. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and brush the remaining sauce. Serve!