- 2 (10 to 12 ounces) New York strip steak
- 4 cups baby spinach, washed
- 2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Rub salt and ground black pepper on all sides of the steak. Let stand for at least 10 minutes.
- Grill the steak in medium heat for about 6 to 8 minutes per side.
- Note: if you are using charcoal grill, try flipping the steak once in a while to prevent it from burning.
- Remove the steak from the grill and let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a pan and pour-in the extra virgin olive oil.
- Add the garlic and cook until the color turns light brown,
- Put-in the spinach and sauté for 1 minute.
- Turn off the heat and arrange the spinach in a large serving plate.
- Put the grilled steak on top of the spinach.
- Serve with mashed potato on the side along with your favorite steak sauce.