- 2 lbs beef, cubed
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed and chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 small red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 small green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- ½ cup liver spread or liver paste (processed using blender)
- 1 tsp. crushed chili or red pepper
- 3 large bay leaves
- 2 cups potatoes, sliced
- 2 cups carrots, sliced
- 1 cup cooking oil
- ⅔ cup green olives
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the cooking oil in the cooking pot or pressure cooker.
- Sauté the onion and garlic.
- Add the beef. Cook for 5 minutes or until the color turns light brown.
- Add the dried bay leaves and crushed pepper. Stir.
- Add the liver spread. Stir.
- Pour-in the tomato sauce and beef broth.
- Cook the beef until it becomes tender (about 30 mins if using a pressure cooker, or 1 to 2 hours if using an ordinary pot).
- Add potato and carrots. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Put the green olives and bell peppers in the cooking pot. Stir and continue to cook for 5 minutes more.
- Add salt and pepper to taste