- 1 cup butter, preferably unsalted
- 2 cups sugar, white
- 1 tsp. vanilla essence or extract
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 4 whole eggs, beaten
- 1 ½ cups of flour, all-purpose
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Soften butter by leaving it at room temperature for 20-30 minutes. Do not melt. Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Combine soft butter with sugar and mix well. Add cocoa powder little by little, mixing thoroughly. Add vanilla and eggs.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Sift the flour into the butter-sugar mixture. Combine and transfer the mixture into a baking pan. Bake for 20-30 minutes until a light crust forms at the top of brownies. Brownies are incredibly easy to make. Create more flavors by adding caramel sauce, cream cheese, chocolate chips, nuts and fruit. Watch your portions and enjoy.