- 1 whole spring chicken (cornish game hen)
- 6 pieces dried bay leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro or parsley
- 4 cups water
- 3 cups cooking oil
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- In a steamer, pour the water and bring to a boil.
- Add the dried bay leaves and chopped cilantro in the boiling water
- Steam the chicken for 45 minutes
- Remove the chicken from the steamer and allow the excess liquid to drip. Let the chicken cool down.
- Rub salt and pepper all over the chicken.
- In a deep-fryer or tall pot, pour the cooking oil and apply heat.
- When the cooking oil is hot enough, deep-fry the chicken for about 12 minutes. (If the chicken is not entirely immersed in oil, flip the chicken to fry the other side for another 12 minutes or until color turns golden brown)
- Remove the chicken from the fryer and allow oil to drip.
- Serve hot with fried kamote (fried sweet potato). Share and Enjoy!