- 2 packs grated cassava (about 2 lbs total weight)
- 2 cans coconut milk (4 cups)
- ½ (12 oz.) can evaporated milk
- 3 pieces egg
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 8 tablespoons cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup condensed milk
- 16 tablespoons granulated white sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Make the batter by combining the grated cassava, butter, ½ cup condensed milk, ½ cup evaporated milk, 6 tablespoons cheddar cheese, 14 tablespoons sugar, and 2 eggs in a mixing bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Add the 2 cups coconut milk in the mixing bowl where the mixed ingredients are. Mix again.
- Grease the baking tray then pour-in the batter (these are the ingredients that you just mixed together).
- Pre -heat oven for 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes then put-in the baking tray with batter and bake for 1 hour.Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Meanwhile prepare the topping by combining 2 tablespoons sugar and flour in the heated saucepan.
- Pour-in the condensed milk then mix thoroughly.
- Add 2 tablespoons cheddar cheese while stirring constantly.
- Pour 2 cups of coconut milk and stir constantly for 10 minutes
- Pour the topping over the Cassava Cake (baked batter) and spread evenly.
- Separate the yolk from the egg white of the remaining egg (we’ll be needing the egg white only)
- Glaze the topping with the egg white using a basting brush. Simply dip the brush to the egg white and brush it on the cassava cake.
- Set your oven to broil mode. Broil the Cassava cake until color turns light brown.
- Garnish with extra grated cheese on top. Serve. Share and enjoy!