Salmon Steak is a good dish to have for either lunch or dinner. Besides having a good tastes and having the ability be easily paired with other dishes, salmon have positive effects on our health.
I’m sure that you’ve heard that salmon steak or salmon, in general, is rich in omega 3 fatty acids. This fatty acid helps our brain to function properly and reduces our risk of having heart disease.
Salmon also contains protein and amino acids. Bioactive peptides, a protein molecule found in salmon, can manage inflammation and sustain joints. It also helps protect the digestive tract.
This recipe requires grilling. Salmon Steak is placed on top of the grill, a grill pan, or a griddle until both sides are just about right – cooked in the outside but still juicy inside. If you do not prefer to grill the fish, try searing both sides of the salmon, or baking it instead.
As for the side dish, I paired it with this healthy garlic sesame spinach. These dishes both compliment each other in terms of taste and positive health benefits.
- 4 (6 ounces) salmon steaks
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Combine olive oil and lemon juice. Stir.
- Arrange salmon in a wide plate then pour-in olive oil and lemon juice mixture. Marinate each side for about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine garlic powder, salt, and ground black pepper in a small bowl. Mix.
- Sprinkle the garlic powder mixture equally on the salmon.
- Heat a grill, and then grill each side of the salmon for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving plate and serve with garlic sesame spinach.
- Share and enjoy!