Inihaw na Liempo or Grilled Pork Belly needs no introduction at all. The name of the dish already defines itself. This is one good food that I really like because of its simple preparation and magnificent taste.
- 2 lbs pork belly
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 piece lemon (or 3 to 4 pieces calamansi)
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup banana catsup
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- Combine pork belly with the soy sauce, lemon, salt, ground black pepper, garlic and mix well. Marinade the pork belly for at least 3 hours.
- In a bowl, pour the pork belly marinade then add banana catsup and cooking oil. Stir well. (This will be the basting sauce)
- Grill the pork belly while basting the top part of the pork after flipping it over.
- Serve hot with spiced vinegar or toyomansi. Share and Enjoy!