The Pork Menudo Recipe is a delectable dish composed of pork stew combined with liver cubes, garbansos or chickpeas, potatoes, tomato sauce and many spices.
The good thing with Pork Menudo is you can skip some of the ingredients, if you don’t like the taste of the liver you may not add it depending on your choice. You may also use Chicken meat instead of pork meat or you can mix them both depending on your taste. It takes time to prepare the ingredients because of the slicing and chopping but cooking this dish is very easy because all you have to do is put everything in. Though, Pork Menudo sounds like a Spanish food it is absolutely a classic Filipino Recipe.
Pork Menudo Ingredients:
- 1/2 kilo pork (cut into small chunks)
- 1/4 kilo pork liver (cut into small cubes)
- 5 pieces chorizo Bilbao (also cut in small pieces)
- 4 potatoes (peeled, cut in small cubes, fried)
- 1 green and 1 red bell pepper (diced)
- 1 cup chickpeas
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup pork or chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons of patis (fish sauce)
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon atsuete oil (optional)
- 3 tomatoes (diced)
- 1 small head of garlic (minced)
- 1 medium size onion, diced
- 1 pc small carrot, medium diced
Pork Menudo Cooking Instructions:
- In a frying pan add cooking oil and atsuete oil, heat cooking oil and atsuete oil.
- Fry potato and carrot separately in oil until golden brown, strain and set aside. Remove oil from the pan leaving 2 tbsp. and preheat.
- Saute garlic, onion. Then add the pork, liver, chorizo de Bilabo, tomatoes, bell pepper, paprika, patis and the stock.
- Cover and bring to a boil. Simmer for 20 minutes or until the pork is tender.
- Add the chickpeas, potatoes and raisins. Boil of another 2 minutes.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot with white rice.